Suffolk County Workers’ Comp Lawyers
The Counsel You Need to Pursue the Compensation You Deserve
You found us because you or a loved one got injured at work – you may be in constant pain, perhaps you can’t work due to injuries, you’re overwhelmed with workers’ compensation forms, or your benefits stopped, and you can’t make ends meet. Rest assured, you’ve come to the right place.
Workers’ Compensation Attorneys with Over 50 Years of Combined Experience
Our workers compensation lawyers in Suffolk County have been aggressively defending the rights of hard-working New Yorkers who have been hurt on the job for over 50 combined years.
We help injured workers navigate the complicated workers’ compensation insurance claim process, from filing a workers’ compensation claim and choosing a doctor to understand workers’ compensation benefits or submitting wage and hour claims.
We prepare for every case as if we are going to trial and have no hesitation in doing so if needed-which motivates opponents to settle out of court and with a sizable amount.
Common Workers Compensation Injuries
- Sprains & Strains
- Eye Injuries
What Happens After a Workplace Injury in New York?
Workers who are injured on the job in New York have two responsibilities immediately after an on-the-job accident. First, the injured worker needs to obtain necessary medical treatment. Second, the employee must promptly notify their supervisor or manager about the accident.
NY Workers Compensation Board
Your employer will then report the injury or illness to the state’s Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) and the company’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier. By law, injured workers are required to file Form C-3 (Employee’s Claim for Compensation) with the Board within two years from the date of the accident or from the date the medical condition was discovered to cause an occupational disease
Do I Qualify for New York Workers’ Comp Benefits?
- You must have been injured on the job
- The injury must have been the result of an accident that was not your fault
- The injury must have taken place while you where preforming duties that are a part of your potion
Workers’ Comp Benefits in New York
If you are injured on the job in New York, you may be entitled to the following benefits:
- Medical Benefits: Your employer or contractor pays for your medical bills, including emergency room visits, observation, specialized treatments, check-ups, medications, assistive devices, and rehabilitation.
- Cash Disability Benefits: If your injury makes it impossible to return to work, you may be entitled to weekly cash benefits equal to no more than two-thirds of your average weekly income, including overtime and additional jobs.
- Lump-Sum Settlements: Under a Section 32 agreement, you and your insurer may decide on a lump sum amount to cover medical care and other necessary costs. This is a buy-out of your settlement that should be discussed with your insurer and a legal representative.
- SLU Benefits: Schedule Loss of Use or SLU benefits are cash awards for loss of limb. If you have suffered the loss of an arm, hand, fingers, legs, feet, or toes, you may be entitled to compensation. You could be eligible if you suffered permanent vision loss or disfigurement in some cases.
Ultimately, the benefit amount depends on your unique circumstances. These benefits apply to specific cases or involve a lengthy settlement process. Never attempt to file or settle a workers’ compensation claim without an attorneys present.
Your life has been permanently altered, and the insurance company and your employer may not be willing or able to grant you the compensation you need for recovery and to provide for your loved ones. An attorney can guide you through the filing process and guide settling out of court.
Put Your Workers’ Compensation Case in Good Hands
The Law Office of Frank A. Cetero understands how emotionally, and physically painful workplace injuries are and the frustration of making a workers compensation claim. It is not your fault that you were injured, but you may not easily get the compensation you need.
Our firm of aggressive advocates does not shy away from complicated workers’ compensation cases. If you have been hurt on the job, we believe that you deserve compensation and a bright future. Entrust your case to us, and we will work tirelessly to protect your interests and give you peace of mind.